Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Obama

Obama enters the white house January 20th. This is old news. His possibilities and challenges are staggering, but so many in this nation are looking to Obama for change; the rhetoric of his campaign.
I, for one, do not have huge expectations during Obama’s first four years. He is, after all, entering the white house during insurmountable debt and national unemployment.
On the other hand, I finally feel that Obama will slowly turn the fundamentals of government around. Too much stock has been placed in corporate America. With Obama, it seems that our nation has a chance of recovery, albeit slow.
For the past eight years I have felt completely out-of-touch with our government and most every decision President Bush made. Although I do not agree with everything Barack Obama stands for, I do feel that his ideals are so much closer to my own. Once again, our nation may slowly awaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment